Watch. Cheer. Repeat.Nintendo game tournaments at E3 2017
Be sure to follow @NintendoVS on Twitter for the latest tournament updates throughout E3.
- Round-robin Turf War for seeding.
- Best-of-five in Ranked Modes for semifinals.
- Best-of-seven in Ranked Modes for finals.
The winning team will win global bragging rights and have their names engraved on a sweet Splatoon 2 trophy.
- Matthew "MatPat" Patrick
- Stephanie Patrick
- Andre "Black Nerd Comedy" Meadows
- JD Witherspoon
- Justin Wong
- Nairoby "NairoMK" Quezada
- Allister "ALLISTER" Singh
- Ken Houng
- Four teams, two players per team.
- Random draft order.
- First person in each crew must choose one of the new Pokémon, the other person can choose one of the original Pokémon.
Both winners will each receive a Pokkén Tournament DX art piece signed by Tsunekazu Ishihara, President and CEO of the Pokémon Company, and developers from BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.
Four E3 attendees—including the eventual champion, Zerk—battled through a qualifying tournament to earn a spot in the finals.
Four professional competitive fighting game players (Alex Valle, Kelsy “SuperGirlKels” Medeiros, Daniel “Tafokints” Lee and Marie-Laure “Kayane” Norindr) will take on four E3 attendees who rise to the top by competing in Nintendo’s booth.